Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Updates on ports (CSTW, Rain-Slick 3)

As I've written before, I have ported Cthulhu Saves the World to Linux.  The testing went a little bumpy, but I've ironed out the remaining issues and the patch is ready for release at any moment.  I've gotten a very similar patch ready for Penny Arcade's on the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3, although I do need to update it for the latest patch.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from Zeboyd Games since they forwarded a few testers my way.  I'm not sure if they're just busy with Rain-Slick 3 or are for some reason ignoring me, but I hope for the best.

I've also taken a brief look at Dwarfs!?.  The game uses XNA 3 and a lot of Steam interaction, which will make it a pain to port.  I may end up putting it off in favour of language development work.

Speaking of which, I have a really cool (and blatantly stolen) idea for a type system.  Will post more as I flesh it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment